Distance education is an education provided to students who live in remote areas from the campus of the higher educational institution. In this system the student is temporary or geographically separated from the instructor.
- Semi-permanent separation between the teacher and learner during the educational process, and this is what distinguishes the distance education from face-to-face education.
- Influence of the educational organization in planning and preparing the educational material and in providing supporting services for the students and thus distinguish it from private study and self-education programs.
- Using the technical media, such as printing, audio and video media and computer which contain the content of the curriculum.
- Provision of two-way communication so that the student may benefit from or even initiate dialogues; this distinguishes it from other uses of technology in education.
- Semi-permanent absence of educational groups during the educational process so that students usually study individually not in groups with the possibility of holding meetings.
AUAS aims to introduce E-University concept based on the following principles:
- E-learning serves the individual needs of students from different cultures and sectors.
- E-learning provides availability in all geographical segments, it is available at student’s home, workplace. And covers different areas and regions
- E-learning will be applied in the way of teaching, evaluation, explanation and education will be carried out through internet, video conference systems, Email systems and any new communication technologies that are or become available.
- E-learning will be applied in educational fields which cover all specializations and modern sciences.
- E-learning provides high quality educational services anytime, anywhere with different technological ways (internet, computers, mobile phones etc..).
Distributed education occurs when the teacher and student are situated in separate locations and learning occurs through the use of technologies (such as video and internet), which may be part of a complete distance educational program or supplementary to traditional instructions.
Resource Based Learning :
TResource Based Learning is defined as an integrated set of strategies to promote student centered learning in a mass educational context, through a combination of specially designed learning resources, interactive media and technologies.
Continuing Education (life-long-learning):
It implies any program of study award bearing or not, that’s beyond compulsory education or post compulsory education of a short-term nature, that does not lead directly to a major higher educational qualification.
The delivery of learning, training or educational programs by electronic means. E-learning involves the use of a computer or electronic device such as a mobile phone, to provide training, educational or learning material.
E-learning involves online training or education. A CD-ROM and DVD can be used to provide learning materials.