Self learning was created to get Learners to be more independent, hardworking and able to solve problems. The primary role for self-learning can be summarized as “helping Learners manufacture their own body of knowledge by allowing them to experience learning through task based activities”.
In self learning Individuals:
- Take initiative and responsibility for learning.
- Select, manage, and assess their own learning activities.
- Motivation and volition are critical.
- Independence in setting goals and defining what is worthwhile to learn.
- Teachers provide scaffolding, mentoring, advising.
- Peers provide collaboration.